Year-round Zombie

by

I'm going to try to do this more regularly so I thought now would be a good time with a Halloween experience. Pasty people of the world, you will understand my pain. After many years of trying to tan because pale is never the cool thing, I stopped. Sun burn after sun burn and even tanning bed burn (it's a thing in my world,) I went from pale to red and back to pale and than I just had enough and decided to embrace it:) Embracing it meant getting used to buying ivory, porcelain, or translucent (hah!) makeup. Anything else made me look orange and desperate to be something I'm not. For Halloween, I was Wednesday Addams and it was no effort at all. I had waited years to be her because my hair was not long enough, that was the only setback:) This is NOT my Halloween experience.t

Yesterday, while running errands, I remembered that I needed to restock powder and foundation. I went to the normal spot where I can always count on translucent to be because that is not the most popular shade. To my surprise, it was all gone. All the other shades were nearly all there but somehow mine was gone. I went to the next brand and the next and the next. Ivory, porcelain, translucent, gone. Why was this happening to me?!  I nearly had a panic attack in the store so I found a sales associate to ask her. She informed me that the, in my own words, wannabe zombies of the Bay cleared out the store and most likely other stores in the area... Don't Halloween stores have zombie makeup? Isn't white paint an option?

Now I know. Apparently my shade is a popular one. At Halloween. For dead people.